Sometimes I miss my country.. Not always tho.. But the most I miss is the food !There is no place on earth that has better food than Portugal!It just isn’t ! 🙂
Now because I was in one of those days when I miss my roots I’ve looked for something to bake.. Something simple.. And here it is !
Pao de leite (sweet bread),it is very easily made and the little ones LOVE IT!
What you will need:
- 550g plain flour
- 90g sugar
- 50g powder milk
- 20g yeast (dissolved in little water)
- 7g salt
- 1 egg (plus one to coat)
- 50g melted butter
- 300ml milk
- Mix flour,sugar,powder milk,yeast,salt in a bowl,mix
- Add the egg and butter,mix again
- And finally add the milk
- Mix it all in a mixer for 15 minutes(i don’t have a mixer so hands it is)
- Let it rise to double the size (about 45 minutes)
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour(so it dosnt stick)
- Divide in about 12 portions
- Make little rolls
- Now coat the rolls with the extra egg and let it rise again to double size
- Bake for 15 minutes (give or take) at 180 degrees (on a fan assisted oven)
And voila! Esta pronto! Is ready! The smell just takes me back home when i was little and my nana would bake cakes and breads for us!
Oh I should mention these are now my own pictures 😁! Ok they are not super good but am quite proud of them giving I am just a beginner in photography !
Enjoy these sweet little breads with cheese and/or ham or even just with butter (my favourite) !
Happy Easter to you all!