Anyone that knows me knows a) I love baking b) I have a very big sweet tooth and c) I have a big belly ! Specially for cakes !
Today was another one of those afternoons when the weather was not quite rite to get outdoors (it’s snowing in switzerland and its end of April😳) and you feel like having loads of cups of tea and something else… Banana cake it is ,I thouhgt! This recipie I found it on facebook and because I have never tried it before I straight away saved it to my pinterest board!
This is I think the thirth time I bake it and I am always amazed with its flavour and how easy it is to make .
So here’s the recipie:
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 ts vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 ts baking soda
- 1/2 ts salt
How to do it :
- preheat the oven at 325 (160-170) spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- in a large bowl wisk eggs,buttermilk and the oil
- add the bananas, both sugars and the vanilla and mix
- mix in the flour,baking soda and the salt and mix
- pour into the pan and bake for about an hour. check by doing the thoothpick test. bake for a little longer if needed.
This is it! How simple is that rite? 🙂
With it i had a nice cup of lipton tea called amazingly grey. I must say it complemented the cake quite nicely 🙂
Try it and let me know what you think . Bet you wont be disapointed !