An amazing chocolate cake!
I have baked this cake for the first time back in December for my husband’s birthday and sense then it’s been the family’s favourite! I have baked it again this weeks for another birthday, Amy’s birthday! Amy is my husband’s brother’s girlfriend, lovely girl 🙂 .
So here I want to share the recipie 🙂
What you will need for the sponge:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa
- 1 teasp salt
- 2 teasp baking soda
- 1 teasp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 tablesp vinegar in 1 cup of warm milk, soured
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teasp vanilla
- 1 cup coffee, plain or flavoured, liquid, not grounds.
What you will need for the frosting :
- 2¾ cups Icing Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons butter- softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
What to do (sponge) :
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the other ingredients and mix for about 2 minutes (i did it by hand with a wooden spoon)
3. Pour the mix into 2 rounds pans (greased and floured)
The mix will be very runny which is normal.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes on a 180 (350 degrees) oven.
5. To make sure is baked properly do the tooth pick test.
6.Put the cakes on a cooling tray and let it cool!
What to do (frosting):
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add butter to a mixing bowl and cream until nice and smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, alternating with the milk.
- Add in vanilla.
Very easy 🙂
Spread the frosting on on of the cakes and then put the other one on top. Finish covering it with the remaining frosting !
Hope you love it!