Ah Creme Brulee ! It is one of my favourite deserts ever!
Well this time things didn’t go as well as last time..The sugar on top didn’t burn as it should 😦 I don’t own a blow torch (yet) so had to do it in the oven grill and the result was not great but hey the taste is all there! So even after the sugar fiasco i still want to share this super easy recipie!
What you will need:
- 1 quart heavy cream (900 ml)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 quarts hot water
- ½ cup sugar
How to :
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F ( 160/170)
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream, and vanilla. Stir constantly over medium heat, for about 7-8 minutes until mixture starts to bubble, close to a simmer.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Cover and let set for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup sugar and the egg yolks until well blended and it just starts to lighten in color. Add the cream a little at a time, stirring continually until all is combined.
- Pour the liquid into 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins. Place the ramekins into a large cake pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake at 325 degrees F, just until the creme brulee is set, but still trembling in the center. Bake approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Remove the creme brûlée from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top.
- Divide the remaining ½ cup sugar equally among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top. Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy and browned top. The Creme Brûlée needs to sit at least 5 minutes before serving.
And That’s It!!
Hope you love it!