Oh Apple Crumble!!! I never tried this before I moved to England but when I did it was love at first bite!
I make it all the time, the family loves it, I love it so we are all happy when I make it!
So here’s the recipie (found it on bbc good foods).
What you need:
For the filling:
- 600g apples (I used red ones)
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
For the crumble:
- 175g plain flour
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 110g cold butter
How to :
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5.
- Toss the apples with teh 2 tbsp sugar and put in a baking dish (I used a 20cm x 24cm rectangualr dish).
- Flatten down the apples with your hand so not too much crumble falls through .
- Mix the flour with the 110g sugar in a bowl with a pinch of salt, mix in the butter and rub it with your fingers until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Pour the crumbs over the apples using a fork to even it.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden and the apples feel very soft when you insert a sharp knife. leave to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
We love it with custrad but you can also have it with icecream or cream .
Hope you like it 🙂
P.s My custard didn’t turn out too well this time 😭 but I still ate it 😂