Now this is probably the best chocolate mousse I have ever tried! It was the very first time i’ve made it and i always had this idea in my head that was too complicated to make but it really isn’t !
What you will need:
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2½ cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate (about 1 cup semi-sweet chips)
How to make it:
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar with your mixer for about 3 minutes.
- heat 1 cup heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until just hot, not boiling. With mixer on low pour the hot cream into the egg mixture slowly until combined.
- add the egg/cream mixture back into the saucepan and over low heat, stir for five minutes constantly until thickened. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, until chilled.
- When the mixture is completely chilled and firm whip the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Remove chocolate from fridge and a spoon fold/stir the whipped cream into the chocolate until incorporated and smooth.
- Serve immediately as-is, or refrigerate until ready to use.
You will never eat anything like it 😋