Oh I haven’t baked in a long time so last week I thought I try something new. After looking through books and books I found this recipe for these very easy and healthy cookies ! Oh boy they are soooo soooo delicious. They did not last long I must tell you 😬they are just perfect with a cup of coffee or tea or juice or with nothing really 😂 ! I got my little helper as always to help . Even if I don’t call her to help it’s like she knows what I am about to do and just rocks up in the kitchen and says ‘ can I help please?’ How can I say no 🙂
So here’s the recipe :
- 1/2 (80g) pitted dates
- 2 cups (200g) ground hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups (225g)wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt flakes
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (170g) rice malt syrup (I used Golden syrup)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (50g) cacao nibs
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees/325F. Line two oven trays with parchment paper
- Place dates in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Process the dates,ground hazelnuts,flour,seeds, cinnamon, salt, oil, syrup, egg and extract until well combined. Stir in the cacao nibs .
- Using damp hands, roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball, place on the tray, flatten with the palm of your hand into a 6cm(2 1/2 inch) round. Using the back of a damp fork mark the cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a cookie can gently be pushed without breaking.
Wait pantiently 🙂
Cool cookies on trays.
Hope you enjoy it!